An interesting Q & A with these high rollers from New York City. They will release their debut EP ‘Trading For Love’ mid September on the great Mysidian label.
1. Who is Wall $treet?
BB: Bill Benjamins.
DJ: Don Jones.
2. Where did Wall $treet meet?
BB, DJ: In the trading room at Goldman.
3. What role does Wall Street play in your life? Are you stock traders, brokers?
BB: Wall Street is more of a way of life, I retired at age 24 to focus on doing nothing.
DJ: We’re the house band at their lavish parties.
4. What’s the typical day in the life of Wall $treet?
BB, DJ: Choby Ciao (our manager) wakes us up in the morning with a few snorts, then we head to the floor to hustle some returns (8 figs minimum).
5. What’s does Wall $treet enjoy more, money or music?
BB: None of these, only power matters.
DJ: Expensive synths.
6. Can you explain the titles of some of the tracks on the upcoming record? Looking at the titles “Greed” and “Victim” one might suspect Wall $treet of speaking out on the darker side of this institution.
BB: Greed is an anthem with one message: Greed is good. Victim started off as a spoof of “Diamond” by Via Verdi (#1 hit in Italy during the summer of 1986) but ended up as a dark disco track.
DJ: The dark side reaps profits.
7. What role does music play in the lives of Wall $treet? Is it strictly business, a way to make more dough? Or an outlet for two people that work much too hard all day?
BB: A mere hobby for young bored billionaires.
DJ: Another means of excess.
8. In the well-known movie “Trading Places” about a commodities broker and street hustler what character would you guys be and why?
BB: The White one.
9. Does Wall $treet have a specific set of gear that is used for recording and live shows or is it always changing? What gear is used?
BB, DJ: We don’t like telling our trade secrets but everything is acoustic.
10. Wall $treet has already performed a live show that had industry insiders raving. Do you plan on doing more? A tour even?
BB: We have been talking to the board about it, our level of confidence regarding this matter is very high.
11. What do you hope to accomplish with the upcoming record?
12. What’s the meaning behind Trading Floor Love? Do you believe love can be found at Wall Street?
DJ: Everyone’s got a price.
13. What’s your favorite (U.S. Currency) denomination? Why?
BB, DJ: Benjamins obviously.
14. Who’s your favorite investor of the 20th/21st century?
BB: Bernie Madoff
DJ: Warren Buffet
15. Where does Wall $treet draw it’s inspiration from musically as well as philosophically?
DJ: Wine, women, and money.
16. Can you give your fans out there any tips on any companies to invest in?
BB: Just send us all your money to this account (0093932 Geneva), I also take credit cards (don’t forget the expiration date and security number) and blank checks.
17. What drew Wall $treet to play the specific music that they do?
BB: Insider Trading.
DJ: High-profile handshakes.
18. Please give us Wall $treet’s top 5 Wall Street-related or money-related songs?
Scotch – Money Runner
Mozzart – Money
Mirage – Just One More Chance
Man Parrish – Heatstroke
Felli – Diamond In The Night
19. What does the future hold for Wall $treet?
DJ: Mergers and acquisitions.
20. Living in NY, there’s a noticeable gap in lifestyle between those in Upper East Side, Park Ave, and those in the slums. Is this a problem? Can it be solved?
BB: It could be solved by erecting a wall around the island of Manhattan and making the rest of the United states into a high security prison.
DJ: I never take the subway, so I wouldn’t know.
21. Who or what does Wall $treet listen to while trading?
BB: Wall Street of course.
DJ: High NRG.
22. What is Wall $treet’s favorite piece of gear?
DJ: That’s Insider information..
23. Do you see your music as a means of widening the gap between park ave and those that live in the bronx? Can this album be seen as a call to arms for the rich to protect their assets?
BB: Our motive transcend social classes, it is a call for everyone to embrace greed as their life motto.
24. What do you think about doing a track that follows the path of a particular stocks trading over a period of time?
BB: That doesn’t sound very profitable.
DJ: Our tracks usually follow the dynamics of a fresh new stock.. Climax and descent.
25. A few years back there was a movement known as Occupy Wall Street that made a big stir in the country and beyond. What are your thoughts on OWS?
BB: My friend lost his job and occupied my couch for 3 months, I don’t know if that counts.
26. Are there any similarities between music & money?
BB: the letter M?
27. Can you tell us who the group will vote for in the upcoming elections in order to help protect Wall Street?
BB: We won’t be able to vote in the next elections since we both are citizens of the Cayman Islands.
DJ: I always vote Green. My favorite color…
28. Where is a dream venue for Wall $treet to perform a live show at?
BB: Inside of fort knox.
DJ: Federal Reserve.
29. Any shout outs, last comments, etc.?
DJ: The Dow is Up.
Questions from fans:
1. Do you feel even an ounce of shame anytime revenue from an album sale trickles in, which moves you a millimeter closer to the “top 1%”?
BB: We actually are in the top 0.1%.
2. NY is known for it’s bagels. What type of bagel is Wall $treet?
DJ: Extra cheese bagel
The Trading For Love EP is out mid September on Mysidian.